wall panel benefits
Click here to open, print or download the Panel Benefits Guide (PDF).
- Innovative design and manufacture process reproduces a natural look, colour and texture
- Raised relief means panels are shaped and feel like original materials
- Suitable for both interior settings and exterior* locations
Strong and Durable
- Robust construction
- Resistant to erosion
- High resistance to changes and extremes of temperature and ultraviolet rays
Lightweight and Space-saving
- Light and adaptable to any structure
- Easy to handle and install
- Removes the need for engineering reports and structural compliance
- Average panel thickness is 5mm - 20mm (according to design)
- Approximate weight 6kg - 8kg per m² (25kgs - 35kgs per panel - design dependant)
- Wall and ceiling panels can be curved. The radius (panel curvature) is determined by the design of each panel. Radium range between 90° (thick relief - e.g. White Old Masonry) to 180° (thin panels with little relief - e.g. concrete).
- Easily drilled and cut on site
- Can be fixed to any surface and require no building work
- Easily installed (removal possible based on installation process)
- Joints between panels are created seamlessly
- No construction permits required
- Damp and weather proof
- Muros Wall Panels are fire resistant. Materials are manufactured in M1 and M3 categories. M1 means products are practically inflammable (i.e. they do not give off flammable gases and have very low flame spread with minimum size and persistence). M3 products contain some material with medium-rated flammability. In 2013 Muros Wall Panels will be submitted to the new Euro-Class and USA ASTM E 84 certification levels. From 2015 Muros expects panels constructed to M0 (non-combustible) certification level.
* Ratings based on European accreditation by Laboratoire National D’Essais (LNE) - AS-1503 certification is planned for 2014
- Muros panels contain Estireno (Polystyrene) as the only Volatile Organic Compound (VOC). The quantity of residual Estireno changes according to time passed from production*.
- Residual Estireno from manufacture to one week (4.5%)
- Residual Estireno from manufacture to 3 months (4.0%)
- Residual Estireno from manufacture to 6 months (3.5%)
* Figures stated represent approximate data
- Require no maintenance once installed
- Painting Muros Wall Panels can help achieve a specific look and feel or highlight a design feature or to refresh an existing setting. Muros provides a Panel Painting Guide (PDF) with tested coating recommendations from Resene paints. All recommendations are for interior use only of Muros Wall Panels.
- Depending upon installation type it is possible to remove and reuse panels (thereby extending panel life and value).
- Achieves the same high quality finish with potential to save up to 30% on the total installed cost of original materials
* Costings vary depending upon selected panel design, location, access and installation type
- Design and manufacture processes have achieved significant recognition and accreditation including Innovative European Technology, ISO9001 (Quality) and ISO14001 (Environment)