wall paneling specifications
Click here to open, print or download the Panel Specifications Guide (PDF).
- Muros Wall Panels
- Decorative fibreglass-based panels representing an authentic look, colour, texture and relief of natural materials. Panels are used for a wide range of building applications, primarily walls and ceilings.
- Over 100 designs - created using moulds from real-life environments - available in stone, brick, rock, wood and concrete. Also available are contemporary styles such as Muros Metallic Weave.
- A base of natural and mineral pigments, mixed with polyester resin and fibreglass
- Spain (design and manufacture)
- Designed and used extensively for all internal and external* applications
* Muros International is consulting with a product testing and certification company regarding approval for external use in NZ and Australia
- Available in flat rectangular wall and ceiling sheets, pillars, beams, arches, corbels, doors and other miscellaneous shapes
- Length = 3,300mm, Height = 1,300mm, Depth = 5mm - 20mm, Area = 4.3m²
* Dimensions stated apply to horizontal wall and ceiling panels only and will vary between
designs. For confirmation of dimensions and details of other panel shapes visit the range page or contact Muros International.
- Panels are lightweight and range between 6kgs - 8kgs per m² or approximately 25kgs - 35kgs per panel (design dependent)
- Wall and ceiling panels are flexible. Radius (panel curvature) is determined by the design of each panel. Radium range between 90° (thick relief - e.g. White Old Masonry) to 180° (thin panels with little relief - e.g. concrete).
- ISO9001 (Quality) and ISO14001 (Environment) - applies to design and manufacture processes
- Muros panels contain Estireno (Polystyrene) as the only Volatile Organic Compound (VOC). The quantity of residual Estireno changes according to time passed from production*.
- Residual Estireno from manufacture to one week (4.5%)**
- Residual Estireno from manufacture to 3 months (4.0%)
- Residual Estireno from manufacture to 6 months (3.5%)
* Figures stated represent approximate data
** Not applicable for due to most shipping times
- Muros Wall Panels are fire resistant. Materials are manufactured in M1 and M3 categories. M1 means products are practically inflammable (i.e. they do not give off flammable gases and have very low flame spread with minimum size and persistence). M3 products contain some material with medium-rated flammability. In 2012 Muros Wall Panels will be submitted to the new Euro-Class and USA ASTM E 84 certification levels. From 2013 Muros expects panels constructed to M0 (non-combustible) certification level.
* Ratings based on European accreditation by Laboratoire National D’Essais (LNE) – Australasian certification is planned for the future
Green Star Credits
- An application is planned in 2013 for one Green Star Credit in the Office Interiors – Mat-3 category
- Clean panels using a dust cloth or soapy water – DO NOT use solvents
- Prior to wall panel installation a sound structure is required to screw (zinc-coated) the panels onto - e.g. Ply/ MDF/ Gib/ Concrete/ Brick wall. Installation creates a seamless design and involves the following steps:
1) Fixing - screw full panels into place
2) Cutting - cut panels to size to fill any areas not already covered in step 1
3) Sealing - using mastic (soft putty) cover screws and fill the spaces between panels
4) Texturing - texture mastic to ensure a consistent design and relief between panels
5) Colouring - paint mastic to ensure a consistent colour and shade between panels
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty*
* Warranty applies when panels are used for their intended purpose and installed by a Muros Trained Installer